FD - Lost FD - Lost

All the chords had some sort of happiness to them; but one chord made it sad, it made it a darker atmosphere. It's a great piece. Love it. Well done.

ForgottenDawn responds:

Thanks man, I appreciate your thoughts.

FD - Hope From Destruction FD - Hope From Destruction

That Brass is spot on; and the strings pair nicely. I like how the technical elements are not over highs. Focusing on the orchestral set up. It has a real heavy atmosphere. Great work FD.
And congrats on the Frontpage!

ForgottenDawn responds:

Hey there, thank you so much! What a pleasant surprise hearing you here :)
We should get in touch! I'll PM you my contact :D

-:: Election of None ::- -:: Election of None ::-

Listening while reading your description was like living in a real edition of the new purge movie. :)
Great work. Like a technical balance of strings and anarchy.

Totally cinema worthy.
Love it.

Agitat0r responds:

Thank you Enzo for your review! :)

Asau Asau

Personally love the tempo changes, the sweet melodies and the contrast between the hard hitting main beats and calm, subtle beautiful pieces in between. Personally I think you show way more skill than you know about in this.

So clear, the balance between your Low, Mid and High freq's are great. I often struggle to get such a pristine EQ sound, but you've nailed it.

I do appreciate how different the melody is, what I mean by that is - you don't tend to repeat yourself, it's new pretty much all the way through.

Great job, great sound. Love it.

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey, Enzer0! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a review! I appreciate it :)

Did I leave a review on your track telling you just how awesome it was? I don't think I did, and I apologize - your submission really deserved that praise. I'll have to fix that in a bit, but for now, just know that I think we're both the same in that we tend to underestimate our own works. Your track is really, really cool as well, perhaps even better!

But hey, I'm glad you love the track! For the EQ, I legit don't know how I get it balanced, as I don't really do any balancing at all - I know a few basic tricks, like raising a frequency and decreasing a frequency in one layer of a sound and doing the opposite on the other layer, or increasing the low end of kicks and basses and the high end of arps and hats, but that's really it. No real mixing attempt, no mastering. Well, I guess I did try to master, but it didn't go so well. ...Maybe I'm underestimating the helpfulness of what I do?

I do try to achieve contrast, variation, and unorthodoxy in every piece, so I'm glad that worked out well here! Once again, thanks so much for the review! Now to go over to your piece and pour some much needed love of my own... ;)

-:: Simple Complexity ::- (NGAUC '16) -:: Simple Complexity ::- (NGAUC '16)

I like it man, it's reminds me of the Chappie soundtrack. Very subtle technical sounds with drums, could easily fit into a soundtrack, The diversity of the track is impressive. Great work man - keep it up.

Agitat0r responds:

Thank you for your review dude. :)

Good luck in the contest!

Indigo (NGAUC '16) Indigo (NGAUC '16)

Totally something out of an Anime, could use some killer vocals - but other than that, it's clean, easy listening and just the right amount of rock.
Good job mate.

JDawg00100 responds:

Thanks for the review :)

VDAAN - "Sequel First" VDAAN - "Sequel First"

I love how punchy this is. And coupled with the sharp guitar, strings and the background percussion it's totally cool. I would say the vocals could do with a slight tweak, how - I don't know but it it's not out of tune, I think it could benifit from like a doubling flanger or something.

Other than that, this totally gets me bro, awesome work.

iamvdaan responds:

Thanks for the review man! I've gotten a similar response from someone else that the vocals weren't quite where they should be. I've never used flanger on vocals, so I will experiment with that.

Wade just wanted to drink Wade just wanted to drink

You could quite easily slam this into an Indy western game. It has to me a traditional Western feel, but because of the limited sounds you could use it gave me a Midi like feel, almost like the old days in FF7 but obviously more well refined.

You're just too good for NG brotha! (P.S When are we dropping everything to do our international Music tour!)

Dance of Mist Dance of Mist

This is awesome - You have great potential. Is clear, flows and is overall a nice piece.
I do however feel, this could be better. Not the composition but I think you could benefit from looking into other Cinematic plugins. The will give a rich realistic quality to your music.

Other than that. Great piece. Well done my friend.

KorpzeAudio responds:

I'm very much glad you enjoyed it. So far, getting a better plugin is much more of a long term goal for me, EWQL Symphonic was a relatively recent investment when I saw it on sale; it offers enough sounds, quality, and ease for until I can get something better.

Tribes (feat FenceFIELD) Tribes (feat FenceFIELD)

If free radical where here they would be proud. Thi reminds me of a few things. The first devil may cry, second sight and well... Thats all for now. But it's good stuff. Keep it up. Games could benefit from this, so get out there and collab!!!

Awesome, grats man.

Yqarus responds:

Thank you. Y'know, I try my best to create game soundtracks.
So if someday anyone (for example Free radical, my favourite.) would write me, it would be a dream come true. Thanks again for your review.